This course explores key events and concepts which played a pivotal role in the development of early Christianity. This study goes beyond a mere review of church history. It focuses specifically on ideologies and writings which influenced early Christian theological trajectories and Jewish-Christian relations. We will examine the Jewish context of the apostolic church as recounted in the Book of Acts, the ministry of the Apostle Paul, the de-Judaizing trends in the teachings of the church fathers, the controversial role of Emperor Constantine in the institualization of Christianity, as well as major theological councils. Finally, we will discuss the phenomenon of schisms both in the early church and modern times. The course will draw on the biblical perspective to propose ways of preventing schisms in local churches.
THE WAY IT WORKS
- All our classes are taught online LIVE via a simple, user-friendly, web-conferencing technology.
- Courses are designed for students of different confessional and academic backgrounds.
- Classes are taught in the Jewish context, employing ancient Semitic languages and history of biblical interpretation.
- We also aim to equip believers with apologetic tools.
- Our educational program helps build solid biblical foundations for one’s faith rooted both in the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.
- Courses are grounded in solid academic scholarship and geared towards practical application.
- Lectures are conducted in an interactive and engaging manner. Student participation is encouraged!
- Students are provided with free supplemental course materials.
- Each lecture runs once a week for 60–90 minutes. The course duration varies.
- No homework, no quizzes.
- All lectures are recorded and available to you. So, no worries if you miss a LIVE lecture!
- Registration fee to cover the costs of the video conference.
If you have any questions, please contact us: email@example.com
and+1(773) 451-5562 +1(312)-678-7418.
The course is not currently offered. Please stay tuned for the next start date!
If you have any concerns throughout the course, please email or call us! We will do our very best make your academic journey at Yesod Bible Center smooth and rewarding!
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration From 1 to 1.30 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 4
- Assessments Yes
- Jewish-Christian Relations in the Early Church (Part 1)
- Jewish-Christian Relations in the Early Church (Part 2)
- Paying Price for the Faith
- Apostolic Fathers and Apologists
- Parting of the Ways
- Creation of Christian Empire
- The Councils of Nicaea and Chalcedon
- The Great Schism of 1054 & the Schisms in Local Churches