“Reading the Bible in translation is like kissing your new bride through a veil.” – Haim Nachman Bialik (1873–1934)
This interactive course will introduce students to Biblical Hebrew, including the alphabet, vowels, morphology, and essential grammar. This course assumes no prior knowledge of Biblical Hebrew, and seeks to build a modest vocabulary and basic familiarity with translation as preparation for more advanced courses in the interpterion of the Hebrew Bible. The students will also apply their knowledge of Biblical Hebrew to the reading and translation of select biblical texts.
Please purchase the following Biblical Hebrew learning tools:
THE WAY IT WORKS
- All our classes are taught online LIVE via a simple, user-friendly, web-conferencing technology.
- Courses are designed for students of different confessional and academic backgrounds.
- Classes are taught in the Jewish context, employing ancient Semitic languages and history of biblical interpretation.
- We also aim to equip believers with apologetic tools.
- Our educational program helps build solid biblical foundations for one’s faith rooted both in the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.
- Courses are grounded in solid academic scholarship and geared towards practical application.
- Lectures are conducted in an interactive and engaging manner. Student participation is encouraged!
- Students are provided with free supplemental course materials.
- Each lecture runs once a week for 60–90 minutes. The course duration varies.
- No homework, no quizzes.
- All lectures are recorded and available to you. So, no worries if you miss a LIVE lecture!
- Registration fee to cover the costs of the video conference.
If you have any questions, please contact us: email@example.com
and+1(773) 451-5562 +1(312)-678-7418.
The course will be offered Sundays at 6 pm (New York time).
Course Dates: July 11, 18, 25, August 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
If you have any concerns throughout the course, please email or call us! We will do our very best make your academic journey at Yesod Bible Center smooth and rewarding!
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration From 1 to 1.30 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 10
- Assessments Yes