“Reading the Bible in translation is like kissing your new bride through a veil.” – Haim Nachman Bialik (1873–1934)
This interactive course will introduce students to Biblical Hebrew, including the alphabet, vowels, morphology, and essential grammar. This course assumes no prior knowledge of Biblical Hebrew, and seeks to build a modest vocabulary and basic familiarity with translation as preparation for more advanced courses in the interpterion of the Hebrew Bible. The students will also apply their knowledge of Biblical Hebrew to the reading and translation of select biblical texts.
Please purchase the following Biblical Hebrew learning tools:
Double-Sided (Modern/Original) Hebrew Letter Practice Dry Erase Board w/ Pen (rockislandbooks.com)
Modern & Ancient Hebrew Letter Flash Cards (Travel Size) (rockislandbooks.com)
THE WAY IT WORKS
- Dr. German invites students from different theological and academic backgrounds to sign up for the class
- The course is grounded in solid academic scholarship and geared towards application.
- Student participation is encouraged.
- No homework or quizzes.
Feel free to contact Dr. Igal German at firstname.lastname@example.org or +(1)-773-754-6482.
The course will be offered Sunday at 6 pm, August 6, 2023 (Chicago time).
Course Dates: August 6, 13, 20, 27, September 3, 10, 17, 24
If you have any concerns throughout the course, please email or call us! We will do our very best make your academic journey at Yesod Bible Center smooth and rewarding!
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration From 1 to 1.30 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 14
- Assessments Yes
- Lecture1 – August 6, 6 pm (CT). Alphabet
- Lecture2 – August 13, 6 pm (CT). Vowels
- Lecture3 – August 20, 6 pm (CT). Nouns
- Lecture4 – August 27, 6 pm (CT). Definite article and conjugation waw
- Lecture5 – September 3, 6 pm (CT). Prepositions
- Lecture6 – September 10, 6 pm (CT). Adjectives
- Lecture7 – September 17, 6 pm (CT). Pronouns & construct chain
- Lecture8 – September 24, 6 pm (CT). Numbers and Animated Hebrew